At REVEL we believe teens and adults on the autism spectrum have the ability to connect, work, learn and explore new interests together.
Teens and adults on the autism spectrum…
… 40% have had at least one comorbid diagnosed anxiety disorder. 1
… 90% are unemployed or underemployed. 2
1) van Steensel FJ, Bogels SM, Perrin S. Anxiety disorders in children and adolescents with autistic spectrum disorders: a meta-analysis. Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev. 2011;14(3):302–17.
2) Roux, Anne M., Shattuck, Paul T., Rast, Jessica E., Rava, Julianna A., and Anderson, Kristy, A. National Autism Indicators Report: Transition into Young Adulthood. Philadelphia, PA: Life Course Outcomes Research Program, A.J. Drexel Autism Institute, Drexel University, 2015.
To provide opportunities and fight potential isolation, depression, unemployment and risk factors related to quality of life by:
- Developing meaningful relationships
- Learning independent living skills
- Exploring interests and career paths
- Engaging in a range of fun activities
- Participating in recreational outings and events
Check the feature video RMPBS did on us last month!
Check This Out
Trained Mentors & Volunteers
Individuals impacted by ASD Trainings
Smiles, Hi-5s, Laughs